Frequently Asked Questions about Trailers and RVs

1. Do I need electric brakes?

A: Single axle trailers you do not, as for tandem axles or larger you do. It is required by law in NC for any trailer with tandem axles and above to have electric brakes.

pills 2. What is the difference between steel framed trailers and aluminum trailers?

A: Weight is the biggest difference but also aluminum doesn’t rust and also holds the value much longer than steel.

3. Do you take trades?

A: Yes. You can check out our trade-ins page for more information and even fill out a form about the trade in trailer to get a faster quote for the trailer. It will also allow you to upload pictures of your trailer as we usually request them anyways it would be a good idea to include these in with the form.

4. Do we have used trailers?

A: Yes. You can see all our used trailers for sale on our website. We also offer to buy your trailer as well or we take trade-ins.

5. Can I replace my vent lid or do I need to replace the whole thing?

A: You can replace the lid if it is the only thing damaged. You will need to know which hinge you have on the vent lid. It can only be seen from the outside of the trailer. We are unable to look it up by vin or model number.

6. How often do I need to service my axles?

A: The bearing should be take out, cleaned and then inspected at least every 6 – 8 months. Worn bearings and races need to be replaced with a quality components. Grease seal should all way be replaced. Brake assemblies should be inspected for wear and any signs of uneven wear.

7. I need parts for my trailer, what information do you need? buy at low price pills no prescription

A: We need the model and the last 8 digits of the VIN number to look up most part.

8. Does my trailer require a state inspection?

A: Yes, In the state of North Carolina, any trailer with a GVWR of 4,000 lbs or greater will require a State Inspection. Golden Gait Trailers is a certified State Inspection Facility.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us using the contact form on this page.